Followers

Friday, February 13, 2015

Strong Women

Greetings and thank you for dropping by my blog today.  I found myself not entering challenges after joining a number of Design Teams and after my husband had a major stroke last year.  It occurred to me recently that I might like to try my hand at it again.  I popped over to one of my all time favorite challenges, Our Creative Corner, and found a Tic Tac Toe Challenge going on.  I chose "Paint, Stamps and Stencils" as my challenge.  I began with a piece of watercolor paper, which I misted with water and then added several colors of Dylusions Spray Inks.  When dry I sprayed more water onto the panel.  I stenciled with a Tim Holtz Stencil and Wendy Vecchi Black Embossing Paste.  I splattered Dr. Ph Martin's Black ink on the panel and then splatted Goldens High Flow Acrylic Paint in white and allowed the larger drops to drip.  The flower is by Donna Downey and colored with TowBow Markers.  The images and sentiment are by Dina Wakely.  I would also like to submit my card for the Drips and Drops Challenge over at the Country View Crafts.  Thanks for stopping by. Yvonne

5 comments:

Michelle said...

This is really pretty, Yvonne. I love those colors.

Marina said...

This is so atmospheric ... great way of using the photo and making something magical of your own.

cm said...

So glad to see you joining challenges, and your card here is design innovation in a most spectacular way! Your work magic with images of women...so impressive!
Hugs~c

Unknown said...

Lovely card, Yvonne!! I'm so glad that you're joining in challenges again and really glad you joined us for our Tic-Tac-Toe challenge at Our Creative Corner!! XOXO-Shari

Julia S-W said...

Gorgeous background which works so beautifully with the stamped images! Love the colour palette too. Thanks so much for joining my Tic Tac Toe challenge at Our Creative Corner. Juliax