Followers

Saturday, November 9, 2013

White on White for Christmas


Greetings!  The weeks roll by and already it is time for another bi-weekly challenge over at Inkspirational!  This time we have a color challenge:  White on White.  


I think "White on White" is very elegant, and I LOVE to see others who work comfortably, and often, in this color palette.  I have probably only made one other card in " White on White" for another challenge last year.  Hence, I was a bit apprehensive about my own creation.  After studying a few other "White on White" creations, I determined that texture with fibers and embossing can take your project a long way.  Although your project may be all white, raised surfaces allow for better photography.  I began by embossing "Merry Christmas, a Star Border and Ornaments, all by Tim Holtz Alterations onto white card.  The focal panel was wrapped with white lace and matted to multiple white mats.  The ornaments were layered with stars cut from the star border die cut. Ranger White Pearls were also added.  A bit of white seam binding fashioned into a bow completes my card.  I hope you will check out the gorgeous creations by the rest of the Design Team and then create a beauty of a project of your own to share with us. Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hugs, Yvonne



13 comments:

sandie said...

Hi Yvonne,
I love the layered white card stock-this gives great dimension to your card. And of course the ribbon I adore-you know I always comment on your gorgeous ribbons, I think you use them in a really unique and creative way x

Pia S said...

This WoW color scheme really suits your style, Yvonne! The combination of embossing, die cuts, lace and ribbon make this a wonderful design!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty Yvonne! I like the use of the lace and ribbon and the embossed sentiment is so unique. Great work!
- Shauna

Anonymous said...

White on white always appeals to me none moreso for a Christmas card, as fresh as newly fallen snow.
Those ornaments are beautiful and I like the embossing, bringing gorgeous dimension to this elegant card.
Wishes
Lynne

Nikki said...

Very pretty Yvonne. Love the embossed Merry Christmas and the ornaments with the stars nd pearls look great.

Nikki

Maryanne said...

White on white is so elegant, Yvonne, and your card is very elegant. I love the white ornaments and the texture is beautiful!

Marina said...

My little boy and I play a game every week when I show him the DT post and ask him to say which card is the best (and of course, he says mine). But his week he refused to say mine was the best -he liked yours best and thought it was far superior! I must say , he has good taste. Your card is glamorous and gorgeous. Marina

Kay Wallace said...

White-on-white is a very difficult challenge, one you have handled here with aplomb! This will be prized by the recipient!

Terry said...

White on white can be so elegant and so this is! Love the texture and design! Enjoy the day!

Meighan Wheller said...

Love all the different elements you have used Yvonne. Beautiful bow and lace trimmings. All the best Meighan

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A gorgeous creation, great white look.

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely elegant white on white - think I "need" that embossing folder.
Alison x

cebelica said...

I like the elegant look of your card. It's gorgeous! Hugs! xx