Followers

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

In a Land, Far, Far Away...


Greetings!  It's Wednesday and time for another Word Wednesday Challenge over at 365 Cards.  Our word this week is "Super."  My first thought was to make a card with Superman on it, but since all those types of items are safely packed away and down at the beach, I decided to go in another direction.  Instead, I thought of this huge, beautiful flower by Paper Artsy.  To further enhance the size of the flower, I selected a smaller image of a beautiful little girl trying to catch bubbles that is by Lost Coast Designs. The background was distressed with Iced Spruce and Black Soot Distress Ink. The sentiment along the bottom is a rub-on by 7 Gypsies.  I thought it appropriate as I was trying to give an illusion of a fantasy card!  I cannot wait to see what you come up with for your own card. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, Yvonne

8 comments:

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Lovely Yvonne...like the flower outside the lines and the cute girl

Henny said...

Wow... this is beautiful!

Kay Wallace said...

Love this, Yvonne. The image reminds me of "Jane" in the "Dick and Jane" series of elementary school reading primers! Sweet memories!

Nonni said...

How beautiful and special, a really personal card. xx

Terry said...

I almost remember a dress like that and my Mama would have made it for me! This is so sweet and I do love that big and beautiful flower! Enjoy!

Darlene said...

this is so cute - luv this card

Pia S said...

This is such a beauty of a card, Yvonne! I love how this oversized flower looks together with this girl - and the colors are wonderful!

Words and Pictures said...

This is enchanting, Yvonne... I love the image of the little girl, and the huge flower looks magnificent. Love that smoky background too.
Alison x