Followers

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Par Avion


There's a new challenge over at Simon Says Stamp and Show.  This week, the challenge is to create a project around the word "Fly."  How we interpret that is up to us.  Lots of ways to go, but I immediately was drawn to some fabulous Artistic Outpost stamps in my stash.  I began by spraying London Blue and Sunshine Yellow Dylusions Ink Sprays onto my card base.  The AO images were stamped on scrap card stock and added to the card base.  Sentiments, also by AO were added directly to the card base.  Tissue tape by Tim Holtz was also added.  (I could not resist adding the butterfly tissue tape given the challenge theme!)  A few black Liquid Pearls and my card was complete.  I chose not to add additional elements, which is hard for me, but seemed right.  Thanks so much for dropping by.  My dear husband has been in the hospital for nearly a week.  It has been quite a roller coaster ride, but I am hopeful he will return home tomorrow.  I trust you and yours are having a great week.  Fondly, Yvonne

2 comments:

Candy C said...

Hi Yvonne. I really love your "fly" piece you've created for Simon Says Stamp and Show this week. Those Artistic Outpost stamps are very cool and I love how you've used them on this piece. I love hot air balloons and fly contraptions. :) I also like your background. Your blending and distressing looks really good. The addition of Tim's tissue tape really works well, too. Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Just fantastic, great details.