Followers

Thursday, February 28, 2013

February Tag for 12 Tags

Greetings!  February is drawing to a close and looking back, I guess I am kind of glad.  My stepfather had a heart attack and open heart surgery this month, my dear husband began a new and somewhat frightening chemo agent, my PC crashed, and the set up of my new PC was difficult to say the least!  However, that said, there is much for which to be grateful.  And so, without further ado, I am posting my tag for February for the Tim Hotlz 12 Tags of 2013 by the skin of my teeth.   
Here is a photo of Tim's tag.  This is my first year trying Tim's challenge.  In January, I had a fair amount of the supplies that Tim worked with, which was good I guess as it gave me confidence.  For February, I had very little.  I decided to splurge and purchase several shades of red Distress Stain but otherwise, worked with what I had.  I used an image from Artistic Outpost for my focal image.  The black portion at the bottom of my tag was a piece of black card stock, embossed, torn, and sanded.  I enjoyed making the tissue tape ribbon tag topper as described by Tim.  Not sure about the distressing my tag with Distress Stain.  It doesn't look as nice as Tim's.  Perhaps it is the card stock I used.  It may not have absorbed as well as a manila tag.  In the end, I am rose to the challenge and so I am happy.  Thanks for dropping by.  Yvonne 

3 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Great take Yvonne, a lovely tag.
Hope hubbie is responding and getting better, wishing you a happier and more positive rest of the year.
Enjoy the weekend.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Claudia N. said...

A lovely tag, Yvonne,

and at last minute ;)
Thank you so much for your kind comment you left with our new challenge blog! Hope to meet you there from time to time!

Hugs,

die amelie x

Lucy Edmondson said...

I love your version, Yvonne! I hope your hubby improves soon and life becomes easier soon,

Lucy x