Followers

Friday, February 1, 2013

C is for Circus

Greetings! I wasn't planning another post today, but I discovered a new to me challenge that is about to close and I really wanted to give it a whirl.  The challenge is offered by The Craft Barn and the challenge is called Alpha/Dictionary Challenge.  I missed the first week, but I plan to go back and create a piece any how so that I have a complete alphabet set at the end of 2013.  This week the challenge is to create a project around the letter "C."  You will want to check out the blog site for full details if you are interested.  I have always loved dictionaries and spent more hours than I care to admit as a child entertaining myself reading them.  As mentioned in a recent post, I rescued an old dictionary that was going to be thrown away at work before I retired.  With another recent post, I finally gathered up the courage to tear out a page.  So, to join in this challenge seemed like the next step.  I have decided to create an alphabet book that will be 6"x6" with a half inch edge to bind the pages together.  For this page, I chose some beautiful vintage inspired images from Oxford Impressions and colored them in with Distress Markers.  The red seam binding is merely for effect for the photo and will be replaced as I add pages to my book.  Thanks for dropping by and I hope you have a great evening.  

12 comments:

Karen said...

I am so pleased that you found our challenge as this is a lovely page! Thank you for entering our challenge over at The Craft Barn x

Elaine said...

Great page - love your circus images!! Look forward to seeing your next pages!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

A nice circus collage Yvonne, great layering!

greetings, Alie :-)

Words and Pictures said...

I love this, Yvonne - the images stamped against the text look fabulous, and the vivid orange ribbon and buttons are so funky! Love that you're creating a whole new book out of your rescued dictionary!
Alison x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic, a great take on the C.

Paper Profusion said...

Hi Yvonne - your gorgeously coloured images look fab against that background Yvonne. Even the way the page is torn looks great. I really like the impact of the right hand ribbon and buttons. Have a lovely weekend. Nicola x

Lynn Stevens said...

Love this card Yvonne, The buttons add just the right amount of POP!!!
Hugs Lynn

Meggymay said...

Fantastic page, love the Circus theme.
Yvonne x

Maggie said...

Lovely circus page

Terry said...

Love that torn page behind the circus images! Fabulous "C." Have a wonderful Sunday!

Sandy said...

Cpongratulations!!! Beautifully done !!!
Sandy

Cazro said...

Congratulations Yvonne on winning. I've only just caught up with this brilliant challenge. Caz