Followers

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Holly Jolly Christmas

Greetings!  I have been off line for a couple of days while I spent some quality time with my vacationing sister.  Need to do that more often!  Sharing a card today that I made for Week 2 of Linda Coughlin's (The Funkie Junkie)12 Tags of Christmas.  You may recall, we are not required to make a tag, so I am focusing on cards to meet my quota needed for Christmas Cards.  I must admit, Linda stunned me with her tag.  It is gorgeous and quite different.  You need to take a peek! While you at it, check out Linda's Funkie Junkie Boutique for great items at great prices.  I did attempt to find foil sheets locally, but alas there were none and so I went in a different direction.  As for what inspired me, her sentiment, the gears (I used a Tattered Angels Postage frame covered in Stickles as a substitute for a Geared Frame, Santa (Oxford Impressions) and snowflakes (also OI).  The jingle bell is a punch from Martha Stewart.  Love the new tartan plaid braided tape I found at a sewing factory store yesterday.  It is quite flat and should go through the mail nicely.  Thanks for dropping by today and I hope you will consider joining in Linda's challenge.  Lots of time left!  Best wishes, Yvonne

2 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Yvonne.
I think Linda stunned everyone with her Tag;the colour Palette was a shock, but she tends to push us into areas we would not normally go and it is good for the creative mind.
I can see your inspiration, and you have made a wonderful card, your letters have a Xmas feel, and I love your interpretation of the framed Santa.
I will be missing the next two weeks as I am away, hope to catch up when I return.
Smiles:)
Sue

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is so fresh and wonderful for a Christmas card, Yvonne! I absolutely LOVE the navy background with the snowflakes! Your Jolly is perfect as is Santa and that traded plaid tape is awesome!

The riveted metal technique is lots of fun and I think you could glue down pieces of aluminum foil as a substitute for the foil tape sheets. The foil tape sheets are easy and convenient but not the only thing you can use :)

So great to have you with us again this week for the Funkie Junkie's 12 Tags of Christmas!

Hugs,
Linda