Followers

Sunday, September 9, 2012

December 25

Greetings!  Hoping everyone had a great weekend!  My dear husband surprised me with an overnight at beautiful hotel, dinner and roses to celebrate my birthday, which was today, so I had a very nice weekend, indeed.  I am sharing a card with you this evening that I made for a Color challenge at 365 Cards.  The colors, shown below, stumped me at first, but I came across a piece of designer background paper with just a hint of gray and gold in it and from there everything flowed.  
The images and sentiment are from Oxford Impressions and were stamped in Forest Moss Distress Markers, Festive Berries Distress Ink and London Fog Memento Ink. Simple embellishments include ribbon, a tartan plaid button from my stash and some Chrome Liquid Pearls.

Thanks for dropping by.  I hope everyone has a great week! Best, Yvonne




3 comments:

Julia S-W said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday firstly!! What a wonderful husband you have too.
Secondly, how gorgeous is this card? Love what you've done for the sketch - I wouldn't have known where to start! Great little child image there.
Juliaxx

Anonymous said...

Yvonne I had no idea it was your birthday, Belated Birthday Wishes. So lovely to read that you and your husband managed to have a special day together.
I am smiling as I have this set to hand. Remember my issue with crafting in the evening when I didn't want to sit in my wee craft space ... resolved with the help of a vintage suitcase which houses Christmas stamps, papers, embellishments so that I can hopefully be organised for Christmas 2012 - so far it is working a treat and when I bring out my suitcase I think of you and your craft bags :)
Love this card.
Wishes
Lynne

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Happy belated birthday :) Sounds that you had a wonderful time.
Your card looks fabulous :)