Followers

Monday, September 3, 2012

Around the World


Greetings!  Today is Labor Day in the United States.  It pretty much represents the end of Summer.  Mostly everyone closes up their pool after today, and children return to school, if they have not already done so.  We decided to return home tomorrow from the beach, so it is a lazy day of card making for me!  The card above is for a recent challenge over at 365 Cards.  For Challenge # 185, we are asked to create a card with a mirror image.  As I had never done this before, I Googled the Internet and found a tutorial.  Not having acetate with me, I tried stamping the mirror image of my ship on an acrylic block.  (Not good - the StazOn ink Stayed On!)  I was excited to ink up these new to me images from Crafty Individuals.  The instruments and chart were stamped with Pumice Stone Distress Ink for a faded appearance and parts of the overall card were distressed with more Pumice Stone DIs. Kraft Chitchat Stickers and Black Liquid Pearls complete my card.  Thanks for dropping by.  Best wishes, Yvonne

3 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Interesting technique, not tried this one but yours looks good.
Home tomorrow eh? Have a good journey back.
hugs {brenda} xox

Julia S-W said...

Never tried this but it looks intriguing! Love your colour palette.
Juliax

DoBea A. said...

I love this card! Thank you so much for sharing it with us over at 365 Cards!!