Followers

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Dare to Live the Life You Dreamed!

Hello!  Thanks for dropping by today.  My post today is for a challenge over at Simon Says Stamp and Show where the theme is the "Depths of Distress."  How we interpret distress is up to us.  I chose to dry emboss a piece of Kraft card stock with numbers from a Sissix embossing folder.  I added Picket Fence Distress Stain to some of the numbers and the entire piece was distressed with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  The distressed piece was layered to the left side of a black panel and then adhered to a white card base.  The focal image from the French Flight plate by Artistic Outpost was also distressed with Vintage Photo DI and framed with a distressed Tattered Angels Frame.  The sentiment is from the Kudzu Kafe plate from Artistic Outpost, as well.  Vintage buttons tied with fibers pulled from the strip of burlap beneath them, vintage black seam binding and an Idea-ology tag complete my card.  I am also entering my card at Artistic Outpost's July Referral Program where the current challenge is "Anything Goes."  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I really appreciate your comments, too.  Best wishes, Yvonne

7 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Yvonne, gorgeous card, love how you have combined the AO images and the embossed distressed background is gorgeous. Love the natural ribbon, burlap too. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge and the Artistic Outpost referral theme. Tracy x

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab combination of AO images! Love the added embossing and burlap! Thanks for playing along with us at Artistic Outpost!

Words and Pictures said...

The numbers and burlap really set off the stamp nicely. Love the composition of this.

Paula J Atkinson said...

I adore this piece. Stunning!!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's a wonderful collage, great details.

Kate Yetter said...

I really love this!!! The embossing makes a fabulous BG.

Ibarra Creations 4U said...

Hi, as I was browsing the Artistic Outpost blog, I came across your entry to the July challenge. It turned out fabulous!!!!