Followers

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Country Road Take Me Home!

Greetings everyone!  My post today is a card I made using two plates from Artistic Outpost, Home and The Outpost.  The background was simply stamped in Black StazOn Ink and distressed with Old Page Distress Ink. I really wanted the pickup truck to pop, so I stamped it in Fired Brick Distress Ink and mounted it to the card front with foam squares.  To give more prominence to the sentiment at the top of the card, I tore the top of the background off.  The sentiment was layered over a snippet of burlap.  An Idea-ology binder clip, repurposed ribbon, red Scrappers Floss, a vintage button and more ribbon complete my card.  Thanks for stopping by.  Best wishes, Yvonne

4 comments:

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Great Yvonne...love the torn paper, the scenery and the use of reds on this card!

greetings, Alie :-)

Ephemera said...

Hi Yvonne, super card, the truck certainly pops, and loving all the neat little touches like the torn paper and burlap. Have a lovely day. xx

Brenda Brown said...

Beautifully put together, lovely colours.
hugs {brenda} xox

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Now I've that song in my ears.... Your card looks wonderful.