Followers

Saturday, December 31, 2011

On New Year's Eve

As 2011 draws to an end, I want to thank each of you who happen on to my blog, on occasion, regularly or just this once. It was early 2009 when I decided to create a blog. I spent the next two and a half years talking to myself, which was okay! In May 2011, while recuperating from my second knee replacement, I stumbled onto my first challenge, and I truly mean stumbled. I had no idea all of you were out there, or perhaps a better way to say it is that I had no idea how to connect to all of you. I was utterly amazed to say the least. Since May, I have become a follower of a number of blogs that speak to me, and I have learned so much from all of you. I have had the honor of becoming a Design Team Member along with an outstanding group of artists at Fashionable Stamping Challenge and have made precious lifelong friends. Like many of you, I plan to make my annual New Year Resolutions over the next few hours. Concerning my art, my resolutions include: Continuing to develop my techniques, continuing to encourage others in their art and with my art, continuing to create and share my cards with all of you and continuing to learn from you. I wish each of you a very Happy New Year and thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support! Best, Yvonne

Note: The card above is a birthday card for my brother-in-law. The stamps are part of the Steampunk Elements collection at Oxford Impressions. Inks are Distress Inks and Versafine. I am entering my card in Simon Says Anything Goes and Stampin for the Weekend (both "Anything Goes" themes.)

4 comments:

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Von,
You honestly have such a wonderful way with putting all your elements together. Everything is placed just right. I love the colours that you have used and I have no doubt that your BIL will love this card! Happy New Year Von!
Dot x

yours truly said...

Happy New Year, Yvonne!
This is a lovely steampunk piece, so well-executed. Love the little touches of red.

~ Ü ~ hilda

Meggymay said...

Great Steampunk.
Happy New Year.
Yvonne/Meggymay

Anonymous said...

Your BIL is lucky to receive this card.
Another fabulous set of stamps used.
Wishes
Lynne