Followers

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Moxy Fab - Textured to Perfection

This is my first Moxie Fab World Challenge, though I have joined in on the a number of Tuesday Trigger Challenges. The challenge is to make a card that incorporates texture in an innovative way. I love texture and always try to add some to my cards. For this card, I challenged myself to look for ways to add extra texture. To get started, I grabbed this beautiful seashell embossing folder by Sissix and embossed Kraft card stock. I then distressed the edges of the panel. I immediately knew I wanted to use the clam shell gather from Artistic Outpost. To further the texture of my card, I tore around the image to reveal the soft paper at the core. I wrapped the panel in baker's twine and then added raffia as a bow to heap on more texture. Where I might have added stamped seashells, for today's card, I added real seashells and some pearls. The entire panel was mounted to white card stock. I thought the accent panel lacked texture so I added some with Copper Liquid Pearls for tactile appeal. Everything was mounted on a textured peach card base. Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

This is wonderful Yvonne! It reminds me of beachcombing with th background texture and the shells and twine.

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous, love the simple layout you have used and then all the textures and a beautiful image.
Avril x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful card, great use of all the shells.

Anonymous said...

I need to get here more often, your blog and art are beautiful. I love this card its really pretty and unusual.
I just called to let you know that the Treasure Lucky bags are back in stock now and ... they are less expensive :)
hugs June x

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Yvonne! Thanks for linking this up to the Textured to Perfection challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)