Followers

Friday, July 22, 2011

Bloggers' Challenge - Summertime

The challenge over at Bloggers' Challenge this Friday is Summertime! Very appropriate given the heat wave we are enjoying in many parts of the U.S. It was 103 yesterday here . I love the stamps Lisa chose for her card by AO! The are the epitome of summertime. For my card, I chose some of my very first unmounted stamps I ever purchased by Oxford Impressions called By the Sea. This set reminds me of the many years my family spent in Atlantic City, NJ before they brought gambling to town. It was such a gentile place. You dressed up every evening and walked the boardwalk! For my design, I chose to keep most of the images in black and white due to the vintage nature of them, though I added some color with the yellow card stock and to the umbrella, towel and shells with Copic Markers. Other embellishments include netting and liquid pearls. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend and can stay reasonably cool. I am also entering this card at 365 Cards - Day 143 - Having a Heat Wave! I would love to hear your comments regarding my card, if time allows when you stop by. Thanks so much. Yvonne

6 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab vintage Summertime card! The OI images you used are just perfect for this challenge. Wonderful CAS design with a splash of color on your imgages! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is FANTASTIC Yvonne! These stamps are perfect for summer and remind me of those wonderful days gone by that you wrote about! I wish those days would come back! The yellow and black are such a pretty combination! Beautifully done! :D

Ida said...

Fabulous card. Love your vintage images.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Sorry I am late posting. Kinda lost a day (smile). Terrific Summertime artwork, great card! Hope you are enjoying your weekend. Hugs, Gayle.

Chrissy D said...

Wonderful colors and images! Great summer card! Have a great day!

Basement Stamper said...

The images you chose are fantastic, I love the lady! Thanks for playing with us again at blogger's Challenge this week!