Followers

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

365 Cards - Day 149 - Wednesday Background Challenge

Already Wednesday! Hard to believe. Had lunch today with someone I met 40 years ago and had not seen in nearly 20 years. It is so good to reconnect with people you care about! Love it. Before I went off for lunch, I put together the challenge for Day 149 at 365 Cards. It is a week of background challenges. Today, 2/4 of the background is to be a solid paper and 2/4 of the background is to be patterned paper. I had this pale yellow cardstock on my desk that I had previously run through my BigKick. I trimmed it with deckle shears and added a lovely patterned vellum in between the solids. For my focal image, one of my go to images from the Generation Redux plate at Artistic Outpost. A simple frame, some pearls left over from a Vintage challenge and some tulle behind the sentiment, also by AO. Looking forward to the rest of the background challenges for this week. See you next time. Yvonne

2 comments:

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Yvonne,

I love your artistic take on the challenge - I am the same as you and can get lost too - lock me in my craft room and I'd stay there till I was 99! So glad I came to visit. I'm loving following the challenges.

~ Barb

Kim Mc said...

Fabulous, Yvonne! So soft and vintage-y looking! Thanks for playing in the Wednesday Background challenge! What will you do next time?!? I can't wait to see!
Aloha, Kim Mc
365 Cards DT