Followers

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Birthday Buttons and Bees



Once a year, I get the chance to make a card for my beautiful daughter. My inspiration for this design began with the stamp for the Polaroid Cutie collection by Artistic Outpost. The little girl could be anyone, but she looks a lot like me as a small child, and coincidentally like my granddaughter, so I am really drawn to this image.


I generally stamp most of my work in black ink, but decided to choose a soft pink ink color this time. My cardstock is limited at the moment, and so, working with what I had available, I chose this soft green Bazzil cardstock. Green is a favorite in our family. Since my daughter's birthday is right after the first day of spring, I wanted soft spring colors.


In my travels, I am always looking for things to use in my card making. The soft watercolor design behind the image is from a paper store in Philadelphia, PA. I tore the edges of the border to soften the look for this card. The pink satin ribbon with bees, the promise of summer to come, is from a little gift boutique in Sonoma, CA.


Rather than flowers, I chose buttons as my embellishments. The sentiment, in soft pink ink is from Heidi Grace.


Happy Birthday, my beautiful daughter!

1 comment:

judybird said...

Beautiful sentiments !